Reports to: Operations Manager
Leighton Broadcasting in Grand Forks, North Dakota is looking for a reliable person to add to our on-air team as an On-Air News Reporter. You'll lead all aspects of the radio station’s on-air experience, responsible for talent, content, programming, and online presence.
This position is responsible for selecting stories for broadcast, researching, writing and gathering newscast content. This position is also responsible for presenting live on the air unscripted and scripted news reports.
- Anchor weekday morning newscasts, and other newscasts/content on all platforms, as assigned.
- Maintain extensive community contacts and awareness of local, state and national current events.
- Collaborate with the news director to choose stories to broadcast considering audience preferences.
- Meet with the news director, reporters and other news anchors to be briefed on the day\'s news.
- Revise scripts and prepare to deliver them on-air.
- Organize the news to present the most interesting pieces first, ensure late-breaking news is added to newscasts.
- Introduce news correspondents reporting on scene and ask relevant questions. Interview guests and other members involved in particular stories engaging in commentary.
- Keep abreast of news developments by studying papers, attending events, and staying in contact with industry professionals.
- Write for station\'s website and maintain an active social media presence.
- Make occasional promotional community appearance.
- Provide newsroom leadership and contribute to overall team effort.
- Comply with the moral code of the journalistic profession.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
• Exude passion, energy and enthusiasm about Leighton Broadcasting.
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
• Strong communication & organizational skills.
• Experience utilizing Microsoft 360 Office Suite and Adobe Audition is preferred.
• Ability to cover weekend shifts if needed.
Leighton Enterprises offers a 401K Plan, ESOP, Health, Disability and Life Insurance, Comprehensive Training Programs and vacation time. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are an organization that actively gives back to our community though our people, time, talent and treasure.
If you are interested in this great opportunity, please apply by clicking the blue button below or submit your resume to Jobs@leightonbroadcasting.com.