Location: Winona, MN
Background: Originally from Richfield, MN I began working in radio in 1980. After a short stint as a DJ I was a news reporter for seven years in Nebraska, Menomonie, WI and Winona. I began my sales career in 1988, and worked with the group of Winona radio stations through 2006. After ten years of wandering in the desert I returned to radio sales at Leighton Broadcasting in late 2016.
Education: After time spent at St. Cloud State University and the University of Minnesota, I graduated from the broadcasting program at Brown College in Minneapolis in 1980. I received my bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications from Winona State University in 1988.
How you got into radio: I developed an interest in broadcast journalism at the U of M, which led to the broadcasting program at Brown College. After going to work in the business I found that I loved all aspects of radio, and even when I was off on other adventures, I found my heart was always in radio!
- I have one daughter, Ashley, and three grandchildren: Abby, Emma and Cooper.
- My lovely bride Kathy and I live in the home of our dog, Charlie.
- I enjoy reading, camping and catering to Charlie’s needs.
- I also spend a good deal of time in my workshop creating things Kathy dreams up.
- I’m a member of the Winona Steamboat Days board of directors and a Chamber of Commerce Ambassador.